Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: QM15 2 cyl
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 2 Blade, Bronze, Feathering
- Engine Location: Center
Cabrillo Marina 210 Whaler's Walk, Suite 123
San Pedro, California, US, 90731
Carvel planking on frame, heavy scantlings.
Planking of 4'' x 1" Port Orford Cedar, fastened with bronze screws to 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" bent oak Frames on 6" centers, kerfed and backed with sawn oak in turn of bilge. Floors are 2" oak. Stem/Deadwood/Sternpost of 8" teak. Keel is lead on 10" iron bark. Clamps/Shelf are 2'' x 5" Port Orford Cedar. Stringers are 1 1/2" x 5" Port Orford Cedar. Rudder is Port Orford cedar with bronze pintles and gudgeons. Decks are 3/4" x 5" laid caulked teak over 1/2" birch Finnish plywood. Beams : 2 1/2" x 2" sawn oak (deck) and 1/2" x 2" sawn oak (cabin top). The cabin is solid 1" Port Orford cedar. Cabin top is 1/2" marine ply with FRP over. Cabinetry is mahogany marine plywood and Port Orford Cedar. Rig is solid one piece spruce spars, with SS pressed 7x19 standing rig.
Accommodations for two, with basic conveniences of sink, kerosene stove and ice box. There is an electric toilet that needs to be plumbed in.
The Yanmar QM15 2 cyl raw water cooled diesel was produced sometime in the mid-late eighties and reconditioned in the general refit in 2014, at which time the engine was installed.
Standing rigging and running rigging were new in 2018. All existing sails are mounted on the boat - mainsail, staysail and jib ... age of the sails is unknown but they are in good condition. Running backstays, hyfield lever for fore stay, 2 cockpit winches.
- 30# CQR plow anchor w/100" chain and 150' rode
- manual windlass
- Altair was purchased by her current owner in 2012, with the engine on a pallet. At Wayne Ettel's yard the hull, frame replacement and horn timber work was conducted in 2013. The engine was installed with new SS mount, shaft, prop and shaft log in 2014. The mast, boom, restored custom bronze mast ring installation, cabin sides and top restored in 2015.
- frames aft of companionway on both sides , horn timber and 2 1/2 planks replaced by Wayne Ettels 2013/2014
- NEW SS engine mount, shaft, prop and shaft log
- NEW fuel lines and filters, control cables and Spinlock single control lever
- new wet exhaust
- last bottom paint 2017
- decks need refastening. Owner has all the required bronze screws
- new topside paint
- oar locks available for sculling oar
- mainsail cover
- NEW cockpit cushions
- full boat cover
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Contact Helen Kaz for more information on this special vessel: 310-254-4081 email@example.com